Rounding up an assortment of my weekly eats, interests and random bits. A place to share things I have actually enjoyed in real life
Things to eat:
Miso Broccoli Bowl from Smitten kitchen
This sauce is sooo good that it's actually worth keeping tahini and miso in the house (they have a pretty long shelf life). I usually make this as written in her recipe. However,
I actually preferred how I made it this week:
- broccoli, carrots, onions roasted.
- serve with chickpeas instead of rice and her amazing sauce.
Salted Chocolate Avocado Pudding from Oh She Glows
Calling all avocado haters: This shit is delicious. Even pudding haters will like this. Its just so creamy and chocolatey and yet somehow so healthy? It's a miracle really. Go eat it!
My changes to her recipe:
- I left out the coconut oil, by accident, but it was very unnecessary.
- I used this cocoa powder because it's awesome
- I used honey instead of "brown rice syrup", because, really, who has that in their cupboard?
- I used soy milk instead of almond milk because that's just what I keep around. It's such a small amount, any milk you have in your fridge will do.
- I also added a splash of leftover coffee from my morning pot which I think was a pretty great decision.
Things to Read:
Below are a few articles from the site Summer Tomato, she is a neuroscientist who is a big behaviour change nerd, and she is all about whole foods. A woman after my own heart.
If any of the titles resonate with you, I highly recommend reading at least one of them, they are short and have really awesome information if you are looking to improve your health or your weight. She just revamped her site, so some of these older articles have some weird spacing issues, but it is probably just a glitch.